Wednesday 28 May 2014

Creating a cleaning schedule

So todays post is how to create a cleaning schedule which hopefully I can stick to. 

On researching this subject I came across a lot of layouts on Pinterest and although most were very good they weren't specific enough to what I needed. I also watched YouTube videos on cleaning schedules to get an idea of how other people handle the cleaning routine.


Currently I do a blitz clean, this is to get the whole house cleaned on one day usually a saturday morning. That my friends is the extent of the cleaning schedule in my house. If I was cooking and something spilled or water over boiled chances are we would leave this there until cleaning day. So as you can see we are a little bit slobby, I can't even imagine what it would be like if we had kids, I think the house would be a tip.


I have outlined the steps I have taken to make a cleaning routine that satisfied my schedule while spreading the chores out over the week. 


Check out this video from the Tidy Things Ireland YouTube channel which I made earlier, it runs through the below outlined steps as well. (www.youtube.com/tidythingsireland)






  • Making a list of all cleaning to be done.

    Do exactly as it says above, make a list of all the cleaning you can think of around your house. I thought of the following items and put them on a spreadsheet as pictured below. Once you have listed all the cleaning that needs to be done, have a look at the layout sheets from my Pinterest board to see if you have missed any for your own home. (http://www.pinterest.com/tidythingsirl/cleaning-schedules/)




    • Split the list into categories


    Next you need to define whether the chore is a daily, weekly, monthly etc task. Once this is complete sort the list so you have it grouped by how ofter it needs to be completed (column b).




    • Create the schedule into a word document

    To add more structure and as a better visual aid it is best to move the schedule to a word or pdf document. Please see the above video for the completed schedule and instruction on this.




    To download this schedule please click on the Cleaning Schedule Download tab above (at the top of the page) or by clicking the following link. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yuPUxjriLVSnR5eDZuYlM5VXM/edit?usp=sharing)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment