Monday 26 May 2014

Where do I start???

I have to start somewhere but where will that be. 


One of the first things I've done is made a list of goals I want to achieve over the course of this project:
  • Create a cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly).
  • Track my household finances.
  • Plan out my meals.
  • Lower my spend on groceries.
  • Create an area for all important files.
  • Create a binder or Filofax that contains all information above.
  • De-clutter my home.
  • Sort, sell and donate unwanted belongings.
I'm sure as time goes on I will add things to this list but for now the above seems a little daunting, as I've mentioned in previous posts I'm very lazy and all that seems like hard work :)

To start today I think my best bet is to do what I hope will become my daily cleaning schedule. 
  1. Make the bed.
  2. Hoover/Vacuum high traffic areas.
  3. Put away or de-clutter items on coffee & dining room tables.
  4. Collect dirty laundry.
  5. Wipe clean kitchen sink, counters and stove top.
  6. Wipe clean bathroom sink.
  7. Bleach and clean toilet.
  8. Wash & dry any dishes immediately after use.
  9. Take out the rubbish/trash.
This above list might look like day to day chores for you but for me the lazy lady I usually make the bed and wash the dishes but don't dry them. I know its terrible but that's all changing.

My next blog post will be on Wednesday where I hope to share with you my full cleaning schedule and the method used to make said schedule.

Be sure to sign up to email updates so you can be the first to hear when a new post is live. Also you can follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TidyThingsIre 

So wish me luck my follow bloggers and readers this is the start of a long rewarding process.

·      
·    


No comments:

Post a Comment