Friday 23 May 2014

House Tour - Before the journey begins

Today's post is a tour of our 2 bed apartment, although it is small I still procrastinate and only clean once a week. As you will see from the pictures below, it is quite messy and some rooms are unorganised and cluttered. Over the course of this project of life organization my long term goal is to have a clean, decluttered and organised home. (amongst other things)

Within our family and friends people just call to each others homes unannounced or sometimes you are given a 5 minute warning of their arrival. When this happens you make the excuses "sorry about the mess, I've been so busy today and never got to clean" or "we just made dinner hence the messy kitchen" in reality I just didn't bother cleaning today (or yesterday) and I'm making up an embarrassing excuse which no one really believes. If your like me you may even start clearing up when they are there visiting to make you look less a slob but everyone knows the truth :)


Anyways on with the tour.



Entrance


You will see our entrance its quite clean and clutter free, we hang our coats, there is a little book shelf for candles and a pink organisation box which was in the bathroom but now lives in the entrance (there is nothing in any of these drawers but for some reason I still keep it there).







Guest Bedroom

Well this room is the guest bedroom but as you can see not many people can sleep in here unless you want to move all the crap off the bed and yes I do have 2 mattresses on that bed. The reason behind that is, we rented a fully furnished apartment but we had our own bed to bring with us, the letting agency refused to take the unwanted bed so as a result we had to break it down and store it on/under the guest bed. This is the room that needs the biggest declutter, we still have belongings in my in-laws so this room will be used as storage also, but hopefully I can manage to keep the bed clean.





Bathroom


This room is well organised and basically clutter free. We bought the shelving unit in IKEA when we moved in, it stores our towels on the top two tiers. In the boxes are our toiletries and toilet rolls hidden away from view. 






Main Bedroom

We keep our bedroom as clutter free as possible. You have to excuse the ugly curtains, our room is extremely bright at night (there is a spot light right outside the bedroom window) so we had to get dark curtains, the only length that fit were these ugly things from IKEA.




Laundry Room

This is a good size as we can store our clothes horse in here away from view. As we are in rented accommodation we have a washer/dryer, unfortunately the dryer doesn't work great also the drum is fairly small so only small loads of washing can be done. The top shelf above the washing machine is storage for appliance boxes, we keep these for when we move again. The bottom shelf is storage for household products. This area is a little cluttered but manageable.





Kitchen, Dining and Living Room

On to the main traffic areas these cause me the most stress as they are where the visitors see. The dining area is basically a storage area. We recently bought a new TV and Rob has decided to store the box and old TV in this area. The dining room table has been used by us 3 times at the most and now I store everything on the table




The balcony is kept clear except for the 4 plants we have. As you can see the view is totally amazing :)


The living room is small, again the coffee table holds a lot of unnecessary clutter, the gift bag you see is Rob's present he got me on my birthday this past Monday. We are also in the habit of leaving footwear in this area ugh!




The kitchen gets so dirty so quickly, every time I turn around there are dishes to wash. Rob is in the habit of not drying the dishes and he leaves them to "air dry". 



So that's it folks, you have now completed the house tour. Do you feel as panicky as me about the task ahead? I really hope you don't judge me too harshly, I'm going to change honestly :)  Also if you couldn't tell writing/grammar is not my strongest point so I apologize for errors made.

I hope you enjoyed tour and feel free to leave and comments/suggestions below. I have also setup an email service, so if you would like to be informed when a new post is available be sure to sign up all you need is to enter your email address.

My next blog post will be "Where to begin", until then have a great weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Daniela (mrsvela20_ttc)23 May 2014 at 15:13

    Not too messy. Good luck in your new adventure to keep an organized home. Its a task I have a hard time with too. ����

    Question, is the clear plastic shield the only thing you use as a shower curtain? I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela, thank you for your comment.

      Yes that is a glass shield and all we have when in the shower. As you can imagine water gets onto the floor (although not as much as you would expect), we keep meaning to put up a shower curtain but its another thing we are put on the back burner.

      Delete