Friday 30 May 2014

How to remove the odor from your kitchen drain with a natural remedy.

Today's post is a little different. Have you ever had a stinky pong from your sink well stay tuned to discover a remedy for this.

This post will also appear on Pinterest. Be sure to pin it to one of your boards. (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/479633429038199372/)

On Wednesday I noticed that my kitchen sink was rather smelly, so like any sane individual would do I jumped on google and looked up a remedy. What I found was to use a mix of baking soda and white vinegar. 






So if you have a smell coming from your sink follow these steps below.



  • Measure one cup of baking soda per sink hole and pour into sink. Leave to sit for 20 minutes.



  • Measure 1/4 cup of white vinegar per sink hole and pour into sink. This will cause a foaming reaction. Cover immediately with a cloth for approx 1 minute.




  • Run hot water into your sink for 1-2 minutes, this will dislodge the organic food particles and clear the pipe for you.



On a whim I decided to check the overflow pipe under my sink. I discovered that there was food particles blocked in the pipe, so make sure you remove these also as this could be adding to the odor.



Having tried the above myself I can confirm that it worked in my home. My sink now smells fresh.

I really hope someone finds this helpful/beneficial. I will see you all on my next blog update.



No comments:

Post a Comment